In 2005, the ACSS developed a strategic plan for the remainder of the decade. The goals in the plan focus on various areas of the school system. Several committees have established specific action plans related to each of five goals and are implementing the plans. The overall goals follow.
By the year 2010, the Aberdeen Catholic School System will:
- Exhibit its Catholic identity by being a community that lives its mission, practices its Catholic faith and welcomes, respects and loves all students.
- Expand and be recognized for its high quality faith formation, academic education and co-curriculum opportunities, as well as for the Christian service students provide to the community.
- Increase its enrollment by 10% by seeking out children and families regardless of income, assistance needed to be successful in general education, or religious preference, focusing on a higher proportion of Aberdeen’s Catholic students.
- Demonstrate financial strength that will allow it to provide exemplary teaching and learning tools, offer greater tuition assistance, continue to modernize facilities and explore new educational possibilities.
- Have the best staff in the region, who are highly qualified, competitively compensated and who set and meet the highest standards.